There are many ways for dads to be involved in every step of the pregnancy. Here are a few tips:
- Do some research to find out more about what you and your partner can expect.
- Go with your partner to her apppointments, hear your baby’s heartbeat, see the ultrasound and ask questions.
- Get ready for your baby, go shopping for things, get the room ready and be involved in all of the preparations.
- Share your partner’s limitations, for example: eat right, exercise, and don’t drink or smoke.
- Talk to your partner and be honest; let her know how you’re feeling. Listen to her concerns.
- Bond with your baby, feel him move, and talk to him before he’s born.